There is no denying that one of the best parts of camping is getting to commune with nature. However, this also means forgoing some of the amenities you’re used to at home, like showering. While it may seem daunting at first, there are plenty of ways to stay clean while camping.
Here are a few tips on how to shower while camping.
- Find a suitable location for your shower
- You will need a level spot that is large enough to set up your shower and has good drainage
- If you are using a solar shower, make sure the location gets plenty of sun
- Set up your shower stall
- If you are using a portable shower, set it up according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Otherwise, simply lay down a tarp or ground cloth in your chosen location and drape another tarp or cloth over it to create a makeshift shower stall
- Hang your shower bag or container from a tree branch or other sturdy support so that the water will be at least shoulder height when you are ready to use it
- Fill your bag or container with water and allow it to heat up in the sun if necessary
- If you are using cold water, fill two containers so that you can have one for washing and one for rinsing off soap suds
how to shower while camping
How Do You Shower While Camping
If you’re car camping, then you can simply shower like normal. If you’re backpacking, however, showering while camping can be a bit more tricky. Here are a few tips on how to do it:
1. Find a secluded spot. You’ll want to make sure you’re not in plain view of anyone when you’re getting naked to shower! 2. Use biodegradable soap.
This will help minimize your impact on the environment. 3. Collect some water beforehand. You’ll need around 2-3 gallons for a full body wash.
If you’re short on water, you can always just do a quick sponge bath with less water. 4. Invest in a solar shower bag . These are great because they allow you to heat up water during the day so that you have hot water for your evening shower.
Simply fill up the bag with water and place it in direct sunlight for several hours before use. 5. Make sure you rinse off completely .
What are Some Tips for Showering While Camping
Assuming you don’t have the luxury of a RV or camper with a built-in shower, here are some tips for showering while camping:
1. Find a secluded spot. You’ll want to find a spot that’s not too close to your campsite or any heavily trafficked areas.
This will give you some privacy while you’re showering. 2. Bring along biodegradable soap and shampoo. You’ll want to be mindful of the environment when showering outdoors, so opt for biodegradable soap and shampoo that won’t pollute the water supply.
3. Use a solar shower bag. These bags are great for heating up water in the sun, so you can have a nice hot shower even when camping in cooler weather. Simply fill up the bag with water and let it sit in the sun for a few hours before using it to rinse off.
4. Collect rainwater. If it’s been raining recently, take advantage of that by collecting rainwater in a bucket or container to use for your outdoor shower. Just make sure the container is clean before using it!
How Can You Stay Clean While Camping
Assuming you would like tips on how to stay clean while camping:
One way to maintain cleanliness while camping is by establishing a routine. This may look different for everyone, but some key things to include are brushing your teeth, washing your face, and changing into clean clothes.
It’s also important to have a designated area for personal hygiene items so they don’t get lost in the shuffle of packing up camp each day. Another way to stay clean while camping is by being mindful of food preparation and storage. Be sure to keep cooked and raw foods separate, wash your hands often, and use sanitary wipes or running water to clean surfaces before eating.
When possible, avoid dishes altogether by using disposable plates and utensils. Lastly, be sure to properly dispose of all food waste so that animals don’t get into it and make a mess. You can also take steps to stay clean by choosing the right campsite.
If possible, opt for an established site with running water and flush toilets. If you’re stuck roughing it in the wilderness, pick a spot near a stream or river where you can easily do laundry and bathe. And lastly, pack light!
The less gear you have to haul around, the easier it will be to keep everything clean (and yourself sane).
What are Some Ways to Conserve Water While Camping
Water is an essential part of camping, both for drinking and for washing. That means it’s important to be mindful of how much water you use while camping, and to take steps to conserve water where possible. Here are some tips for conserving water while camping:
1. Use a camp sink: A camp sink is a great way to wash your hands and dishes without using too much water. Fill the sink with a couple inches of water, and use that water to wash your hands and dishes. When you’re done, dump the dirty water on your plants or in an area away from your campsite.
2. Collect rainwater: If it rains while you’re camping, collect the rainwater in buckets or containers. This can be used for washing or watering plants. 3. Use biodegradable soap: When washing yourself or your dishes, use biodegradable soap.
This will help reduce the impact on the environment since it won’t pollute rivers or lakes. 4. Take shorter showers: To conserve water while showering, take shorter showers.
While many people believe that showering while camping is difficult, it can be done with a few simple tips. First, find a place to set up your shower. This can be done by using a tarp or setting up a makeshift shower stall.
Next, gather all of the supplies you will need, including soap, shampoo, and a towel. Finally, heat some water and pour it into your shower bag. Then, simply enjoy your shower!